They made me give her back

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcgary03

I had an existing consent order which gave my ex primary physical custody, this order was modified in June but I was stupid and didn't think to file the modification with the court. I was given all my daughter's clothes, medical cards, medical records, and a check for my daughters school clothes the day my ex gave her to me. I enrolled her in school (kindergarten), had her school physical done, etc. She was diagnosed with asthma and her doctor wrote a letter stating that with the severity of her asthma she could not be around a smoker or smoking. (She spent 4 days in the hospital due to my ex's girlfriend smoking in front of her). I filed for child support in August the same day my daughter started school. After my ex received the paperwork in the mail he went ballistic, threatened to take her and run. I called the police who told me to go to the courthouse and file for a PFA, which after a hearing was granted for me only. My ex's attorney filed for an ex parte hearing and the judge (in a different county from where we both live) signed it. I had to give her back to my ex last night. I don't know what to do, all I've been doing is crying and wondering what is happening to my daughter now. The hearing isn't until the end for november. I have tons of proof that my daughter lives with me, school records, medical records, school papers, a copy of the check written to me from my ex for school clothes, papers from domestic relations, the list goes on and on. CYS has been at his house at least three times that I am aware of, once for allegations that my ex's girlfriend was beating my daughter, another for suspected child molestation on my ex's girlfriend's son, and the other I don't know the reason. This was all told to me by my ex. Will I lose my baby for good??

Do you have an attorney? Your case is fact intensive and difficult to comment. Most important is to keep your composure, stop crying, and figure out with your attorney what the best course of action is. Nobody can say what will happen for sure except for the judge when that happens. Until then, you haven't lost her and keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back