Can exactly what failed U.A. be revealed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyoGal

Hi my question is:
A friend of mine from work was involved in a accident on company time and in a company vehicle.
The policy of our work place is a U.A. taken if involved in accident either on work time or company vehicle.
My friend took the U.A. knowing she would fail,but also quit her job before results came back..
Question is,can the hospital providing the U.A. tell the former employer of my friend what was found in U.A. or do they have to just state she failed it..
She has been so stressed out about this,as we live in very small community,she worries about gossip and how she failed U.A. and it hurting her chance of future employment in our town..
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Not every company calls things by the same name.

Now that we know that we are talking about drug testing, I need to know what state you are in since drug testing laws are state specific.

Wyoming laws are silent on drug testing.

There are certain Federal laws that *might* make it inadvisable to be specific about what was found.

The fact that she failed the test AT ALL is likely to get around if the town is as small as you say. That will leave people free to speculate what was found. Will that be better or worse than knowing?

cbg,
Thank you so much for info.
Would the Federal laws fall under the" Hippa" laws??
(HOPE I SPELLED THAT RIGHT)

It's HIPAA, actually, not HIPPA. Yes, I'm talking about HIPAA. But in this case, the employer absolutely is entitled to know that she failed the test. The only question is how specific they can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back