Private School Ruition Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebarge

Florida:

Not sure if this is the right forum or not, but recently we pulled our son (4 yr old) from a private school because we didn't believe he was receiving the quality of education we were paying for. We called them 2 weeks prior to the start of school and notified them he would not be returning in August.

We'd already paid for the first half of his tuition in June and expected a refund (at least a partial one). We were told that there were no refunds for tuition and now we're out over $4K. They stated they had the legal authority to not only keep our first payment, but to require us to pay the second half, but "out of the goodness of their hearts" they wouldn't bill us for the second half.

In the agreement my wife signed there is a single sentence listed on the second or third page that states "tuition is non-refundable." Is there any possible way to get back the tuition we paid? I mean, come on, we called them two weeks prior to the start of the school year. He never stepped foot into that school this year, yet they're refusing to refund a single dime?

This is not legal Advice!

Your Quote: In the agreement my wife signed there is a single sentence listed on the second or third page that states "tuition is non-refundable."

This is a contract you signed with them at the start, it was down to you to read the contract and amended the parts that you could not agree on.
I know you are annoyed and frustrated but this time the have you over a barrel and there is not much you can do.

Sorry to here you are not pleased with there service but in there eyes they are doing you a favour.

A lesson learnt here, you do not have to sign an agreement if you do not agree what it states and everything is normally up for negotiation at the start.

Take care

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back