I Think My Inheritance Was Stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mermaid

Dear Law Community,
I had an Auntie in California that had a major stroke, which left here in a somewhat vegetative state. She was very wealthy, and had a long list of people that she was leaving money to. I was on the list. Shortly prior to her stroke she married that creepy guy that had been wanting, and schemeing to get his hands on her estate for years and years. Finally the opportunity presented itself and he married her. After her stroke she had a few years of in-house nurses that cared for most of her needs. Her mind was mostly gone, but she could still sign her name and say a few words. One day, one of the nurses that I was particularly fond of told me that the husband and lawyer got together and changed the amounts of money that heirs were supposed to receive. I didn't do anything about it at the time. They finally my Auntie died. They trust (I was told) wasn't to be touched now until the husband dies. I never got a letter from the attorney saying anything about this, but it has always bothered me. SHould I just assume that someday when the husband dies that I will be notified, or should I prior to his passing try to find out the name of the attorney and ask questions?
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back