18 year old boy dating 17 year old girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

dat1999

Hi,
I hope you can help me, although I feel my decision is a correct one.
My 17 year old son is interested in dating a 16 year old girl. However, in Feb he will turn 18and she will turn 17 shortly after. I have told him I did not want him dating anyone under 18 once he turns 18. I am concerned that if they should engage in any type of sexual activity (and even if they don't, kissing and touching is still an issue with me) my son could get into some trouble legally. We live in NC.

Thanks so much for any comments and/or suggestions.

My first suggestion is that you post your question in the appropriate section, not under Forum Rules.

23 year old son is dating a 16 year old girl

where do I find the law about someone dating an underage girl.

1.) Locate the appropriate forum for your question by scrolling down the list of forum names.

2.) Click on the yellow button that say New Thread. It is located on the left hand side of the screen.

3.) Post your question.

Sometimes a year isn't too long. Just tell them they need to be careful. If it's one of those special relationships, a year-wait will be worth it.

where do I find the law about someone dating an underage girl.

If your son is 23, dating a 16 year old, you better tell him to pack his tooth brush, because he's going to do some time. He is what they call in prison, a "chi-mo", and they are very harsh on such persons behind locked doors

Hi,
I hope you can help me, although I feel my decision is a correct one.
My 17 year old son is interested in dating a 16 year old girl. However, in Feb he will turn 18and she will turn 17 shortly after. I have told him I did not want him dating anyone under 18 once he turns 18. I am concerned that if they should engage in any type of sexual activity (and even if they don't, kissing and touching is still an issue with me) my son could get into some trouble legally. We live in NC.

Thanks so much for any comments and/or suggestions.

Go to google, type in "age of consent laws" in search, and you will find it.

Well as far as I understand from the law. I never did understand it when I was younger, but if your son is legally dating someone before they turn 18 I do not see a problem the problem is the law is mostly to keep people 18 and above out. Also before your son turns 18 and they really like each other since she is 16 going on to 17 get the consent of her parents that would help you later on. Also let her invite you over to her house with her parents their inviting a girl under the age of 18 to your house if you live on your own could be considered intent to rape, if your parents are their it might be fine, thats if you still live with your parents. Also it wouldn't hurt for you the parent of the child to talk with that girls parents and maybe set some guidelines.

Why punish relationships just because one turns jailbait?

If I am wrong please let me know I was vary confused at understanding the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back