how can i get emancipated fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshKnight

Grim_orion@yahoo.com

I'm 17 and am about to move to huston. the only problem is that my mom lives in arkansas and my dad (non-custodial) lives in kansas. My mother has agreed to sign any papers nessisary to get my minor dissability removed, but it takes time and money that i don't have to spend right now. i'm moving at the beginning of june, and it's a big move. From texarkana, texas to Huston, texas. Can my mother give me custody of myself? such as wrighting out a contract and getting it notarized at a courthouse?

thank you for any help given
Joshua B knight

I am unsure whether Arkansas has an emancipation statute and my understanding is that it does not. It is possible that it is granted on a case by case basis. I believe that the age of majority in your state is 18 or when a child graduates from high school. I don't think that there is any quick fix and there are good reasons for this. If you were able to accomplish what you suggested I'm sure that there would be plenty of parents (unfortunately) who would love to emancipate their teenager during his/her emotional moment and rid themselves of the financial liability.

emancipation in kansas

Do you happen to know which county I need to file my emancipation request in? I live in Johnson County now and my mom lives in Franklin County.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back