bf not father wants to sign bc

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmysgirl

my husband died in feb of this year, i got pregnant with our daughter two weeks before he died( he never knew i was pregnant) i have recently starting seeing someone else who is more then ready to be a father to my daughter. can he sign the bc even if he isnt the bio father? he was a good friend of my husband's, and misses him as much as i do.

He must adopt the child after you get married.

I am not sure how it works with a husband that is deceased. I assume you could have this guy sign the acknowledgement of paternity and b.c. but in a way this is fraud because you know he is not the father. Is this guy willing to take full responsibility for a child he knows is not his? He cannot wiggle his way out of it if you 2 wind up breaking up.

do you have any other children with your husband? Having this guy claim paternity might affect any survivors benefits you and the child might be entitled too.

You should put the real father on the birth certificate and have the other man adopt your child once married. Your child should know who his real father is even if he is deceased. Your child may be eligible for social security benefits since the father is deceased. If you have the wrong father listed then that won't be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back