Employer lying to auditor and finance company

Status
Not open for further replies.

mollyl

I have just resigned, effective immediately due to the employer's unethical (illegal?) practices. I can't and won't have my name associated with his behaviors.

In Nebraska a person can receive unemployment benefits when they've resigned if there was good cause. I know that I have good cause. My worry is proving it if the employer appeals and lies during the appeal.

One recent example of unethical behavior: The organization's finance company sends an auditor every month to check the inventory. Any inventory items that cannot be located have to be explained. Almost always, they have been sold and paid for by the customer to the organization. This means that the organization MUST pay the finance company for these items.

This employer is very egotistical and believed he could talk or manipulate his way out of paying the finance company.

After the auditor's last visit, I told the truth to the finance company . . . that the list of items were sold and paid by the customer. In the meantime, the employer had faxed a letter to the finance company reporting many of the items out on display at trade shows, etc (lie).

For several days after I struggled between my integrity and keeping a paycheck, I finally resigned with no notice. Fear of his practices hurting my reputation, career, and future.

There have also been several payroll violations too numerous to list. I also brought these to the employer's attention which he ignored.

Now I'm worried about proving these unethical practices if the employer decides to appeal my unemployment claim. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back