Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft underage driving & accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

worriedmother

I got a call from a NC hospital that my daughter was involved in an accident and I needed to give them consent to examine her. After I was informed she was OK I find out that she and a friend (she is vacationing with friend's parents in NC) have taken her friends's father's company car while parents were sleeping and went for a joy ride. The driver/friend is 15 without a license as is my daughter. Her friend ran a stop sign and was hit by a truck (I know they are very lucky to be alive). The car will probably be totaled and the truck has damages as well. My question is whether my daughter can be held liable for any damages or have criminal charges against her? The father is now saying that his company is thinking of charging the girls with Grand Theft Auto. Although my daughter went as a willing participant, she did not one, come up with the idea, two, take the keys, and finally was not at any time driving the vehicle. Can my husband and I be held responsible as we were a state away? This will be my daughter's first brush with the law or anything remotely "bad".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back