Negligence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michellesatx

Hello
My son was born in April with situs inversus/dextrcardia, club feet, spinal abnormalities, they say is a kind of spina bifida. When I was in the hospital all the doctors were saying "you didnt know about any of this". The answer is no. I had 4 ultrasounds and an amnio and they make it sould like some of this should have been caught. Even a doctor that worked with the one that did the amnio says it should have been caught. I had an amnio because my blood work came back positive for downs syndrome. When I went to have the amnio it was discovered that my due date was off so if the due date was correct then the bloodwork would have came back ok. So the doctor said I didnt need the amnio but I said "go ahead and do it, I just want to make sure everything is ok." From what others have told me is that when an amnio is done a complete ultrasound is done with it. Well that did not happen, not sure why, maybe he didnt fell it neccessary. Then a few weeks later he says everything came back ok and then all of this happened at birth. The one doctor was like "they didnt see that the stomach was on the wrong side". I also think that if he does have spina bifida that should have been caught on the amnio. Can I sue so all of my son's doctors bills will be paid for?

Who do you think wronged you?

I think the doctor that did the amnio was in the wrong. I think he should have caught the dextrocardia. I think since he saw that the blood work was wrong that he didnt do a complete ultrasound that is usually done with an amnio.

I think the doctor that did the amnio was in the wrong. I think he should have caught the dextrocardia. I think since he saw that the blood work was wrong that he didnt do a complete ultrasound that is usually done with an amnio.

How did this harm you?

How did this harm your child?

I believe it hurt me because I didnt have a choice if I wanted to continue with the pregnancy or not. You never know what kind of problems the baby will have and maybe I wouldnt be strong enough to handle it. I have handled it but maybe I would have had a choice. You never know.
I think that if that would have been caught then they would have done more test and everything else would have been caught.
It harmed the baby because now he has to live with all of the doctors appointments and all of his medical problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back