tenant legal rights to personal property after eviction

Status
Not open for further replies.

2xS2

We own our 35ft travel trailer and paid space rent for 7 years at our trailer park. Due to family problems we fell behind coming on 3 months rent. We have been put out of our trailer by the local constable. We have 21 days to retreive our personal property, today being the 21st day. I was told by the head manager to not step foot on park property or near my trailer, or i would be arrested. We our trying our last resort for rental assistance to resolve this issue. I have contacted management a number of times, to be able to at least get personal paper work, (birth certificates, titles, photos, personal computer, software, tools), and was told the day we agreed upon that they didn't have the key to unlock our trailer on site, and to come back. 2 part time managers share duties at the park a toltal of 4 hours a day, 9:00 am. to 1:00 pm. 1 girl works 2 days a weak (tuesday, and thursday). 2nd girl works ( monday, wendesday, and friday). In order not to jeoperdise our trailer and the posiblity to get back into our home we have waited untill today to try and retreive some our stuff. I just wanted to know what rights I have to property in the trailer and shed, that management has no right of holding? Our family problems have been resolved and we have a 17 year old daughter, 7 year old son. I thought our 7 years of being in this park would of had a better understanding of there long term residents, and not treated with cold disrespect. Seems unprofessional, and bad bussiness.

Thank You for Any Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back