Credit Card - Levvy of Execution - Personal Property Question - Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

netdata

Hello All, I am new here, and I hope someone can answer my questions.
I canno afford an attorney at present and I am hoping someone here can lay
some of my concerns to rest.

The Urgency in this matter is I have to attent an Aid to Execution deposition on August 21st.

Question one:

"Laundry List" - Can the credit cards attorney use a generic laundry list of items
in hopes I own some of those items when they submit a Execution order to the Sheriff to seize personal property of mine? I know they are "suppose" to "List Specific Items"
but could they do something like this? Is it a real concern?

Question two:

Multiple Occupants -

My mother and my girlfriend also live at this residence, do they have the ability to seize property in this house that belongs to either my mother or girlfriend?

When personal property is seized, how does the Sheriff know what items are suppose to be mine or my relatives?

A little background about this case:
In around 2004-2005 I wanted to start a network training school, I had secured a 10,000
limit credit card, in which I had an agreement with a 3rd party to start this business with me as a silent partner. In turn I agreed to buy computer systems for students to use at their station. In the end, nearing the start of the business, the partner backed out and
I lost the additional funding needed to open the business, such as business lease, and advertising, at this time now my credit is mostly maxed out.

I ceased using the credit card at around $3,800. With interest etc, now they say I owe
them over $8,000.

They have successfully entered an and recieved a judgement against me, and are in the process of having a hearing to aid execution, and then it will be followed by levvying an execution against me. My only concerns are the two questions listed above, someone please advise I am very worried. Thank you for your help in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back