1 Year Probation For Non Insurance? Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyates

Hi all.

I have just been to court on July 10, 2007 for a 1st degree misdemeanor charge of no insurance on a vicious dog.

I went to court, had proof of insurance after the citation was issued, and was still sentenced to 1 year probation, which will be non-reporting after I pay the additional $179.00 fine for which I have paid $50.00 just yesterday on it.

I was also given a 10 day jail sentence suspended with 1 year of "good behavior" as the judge put it, but no one told me I was on probation until AFTER the arraignment was over with.

Is this right?

Also, I have been also charged with breaking city health ordinances for a property I am currently in a Land Contract for. I am not the actual owner of the property but I am the one being charged with these health code violations.

The local police department has informed me that the landlord issues "illegal" land contracts in that he doesn't submit them to the courthouse when they are entered into.

Can anything be done about this, and would this new charge be considered a violation of my now probation?

I have 10 working days to make an appeal in writing, but have been given absolutely no address to write to.

I desperately need help but do not know what to do about all this. I feel as if this town is "out to get me" because it is a small town where they enforce their own brand of justice.

Please, anyone, help if you can.

Sincerely,

Tracy Yates
P.S. - Please PM me if you would like to call and discuss this with me further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back