Assault & Battery Falsely Arrested For Domestic Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMJayJay55

I am a male, 51, living in Indiana and have been falsely arrested for Domestic Battery. I got married 2 years ago and my wife moved into my house with only her clothing and personal effects. Because of the arrest, a No Contact Order was placed on me. Now I can't get into my house (which is in my name only) to gather my personal property. My wife has a severe prescription drug addiction and I have asked her to leave within the last 3 weeks.

How do I regain possession of MY home and then place a No Contact Order on her? I am not being vindictive but I feel it is not right that she is now in control of my residence.

Also, the trial for this offense is set for July 27th. How do I convince her to drop the charges. She apparently fell against furniture while over-medicated, which has happened too many times to count, and bruised her back which she showed as evidence of abuse. We sleep in separate rooms and I was asleep all night and had no contact with her from 7 pm the previous night until 3 am at which time she called the police and accused me of abuse resulting in my arrest.

While the police were there, they noticed that she had injured her foot because of a blood trail to the bathroom. When questioned by the police, she could not recall how she injured her foot. How could she claim to remember me injuring her but not remember the foot injury? Is there a defense there?

How should I approach my defense? Should I put her character into question because her history of overdose? Mental instability? The fact that it's her word against mine? Should I have my public defender file any specific motions that would benefit me?

There's other details that would make this post very long. If you need more info, please request it. There were no witnesses as we live alone. Please help anyone with expert advice.

I'm unemployed and can't afford legal representation.

THANK YOU

You really need an attoreny. Were you given a public defender at all? Nobody on here can give you the legal help you need but in most states, she cannot drop charges. The state pursues them regardless. You need to figure out a way to hire an attorney. If you have equity in the house maybe you can pay the attorney with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back