Missed my court date in Virginia :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chondra

I need help. I was given a prepayable following too closely ticket in Virginia in mid-May. I thought my court date was 6/24 and wanted to pre-pay it. I sat down today- my court date was today! AAAAAHHHHH! I do not know what to do or what to expect! The courts were closed by the time I figured this out. I feel like such an idiot. I wondered if anyone knew what could possibly happen as a result. Or if anyone can offer any advice. Thank you so much!

Judges tend to get a little testy when you don't show up. I mean, their invitations are always pretty detailed.

Anyway, go to the court where you were supposed to TOMORROW and ask if you can still prepay.

If not, then ask if you can have a court date (so they will not issue a warrant for your arrest).

I've never met a judge yet who considered anything short of death to be a good excuse for missing court.

:no:

Thanks so much. I will be at the court as soon as it opens tomorrow to get this taken care of or to try to. Traffic court is merciless here, I am just going to do the best I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back