"Is divorce easy to obtain in Australia?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinelizabeth

I am Elizabeth Chin, a legal studies student, taking the South Australian Matriculation (SAM) program, would request for your time in helping me answer the following questions.

1. In your opinion, has divorce in Australia been made easier with the introduction of the " Do-it- Yourself" divorce kits?

2. The only ground for divorce in Australia is "no-fault divorce". Do you think that this ground of divorce contributes to rising number of divorce cases in Australia since its inception in 1975?

3. Because Australia allows for divorce without the consent of the other spouse, how , in your opinion has this made applying for divorce to be simpler and straight-forward?

4. With the inception of online divorce by the Federal Magistrates Courts in January 2004, do you think that the reason of streamlining divorce cases allows for an easier divorce path?

5. Do you think that the present divorce rules in Australia allow for a person to obtain a divorce in a much shorter and easier process?

Hope you will spend some time in answering these questions above. Your cooperation is much appreciated by me in helping me answer the above questions.

Thank You.

Yours Sincerely,

Elizabeth Chin Lee Shuen,
Legal Studies Student
South Australian Matriculation,
Taylor's University College,
Subang Jaya, Malaysia.

This is primarily a US board. While I suppose it is possible that someone may happen by who has knowledge of family law or divorce law issues in Australia, I wouldn't count on receiving many answers, if any at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back