Wrong date on expired tag citation, tag correct by date

Status
Not open for further replies.

laceyb

I live in an emissions county in Georgia, and my car failed an emissions test in March when I was supposed to renew my tag. I paid for my tag and all of my taxes the day I was supposed to, but was not issued a new tag because of the emissions problem. After the failure I attempted multiple times to have my car repaired, but after its third time in the shop I was out of money.

On June 11 I was pulled over by a city officer because of the expired tag. I explained my situation, which I previously had to do when I was pulled over by a state patrolman and issued a warning. He was not interested in seeing any of my documentation, made me get out of the car, asked if I had ever been arrested (I haven't) and proceeded to interrogate me for 15 minutes about narcotics before issuing a citation.

On the citation he wrote June 15, although I was pulled over on June 12. I will actually have my renewed tag on June 14, before the date on the ticket. I was already planning to attend court to try to have the ticket dismissed because I was so actively trying to take care of the problem, offered all of my documentation showing this and had the tag renewed only 2 days after the citation. Is it likely that this ticket will be dismissed?

If the ticket is dated June 15th and you have paperwork showing that everything was taken care of by June 14th, I would go and talk to the clerk and see if you can get it dismissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back