NY State Supreme Court Restraining Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

suttonandhice

I share custody of my two children with my ex-wife. Earlier this year, without my knowledge, she enrolled my son in a program that will take him to Italy for his senior year in high school. When I discovered this, I refused to give my permission. My ex-wife took me to court (not family court, but NY State Supreme Court- Martrimonial Part) and applied for a temporary restraining order. I did not have the funds to retain counsel and the order was approved. It restrains me from interfering with my son's enrollment in this program and requires me to "execute any documents required" to all my sone to travel and attend the School Year Abroad. I am now being asked to sign a visa application document to allow my son to travel. Does the NY State Supreme Court have the right to order me to signe a visa document giving my permission when, without the court order, I would not give my permission? Can I attach the court order to the visa application and note that I am only signing because I am ordered to do so by the court?

I would appreciate any information on this issue.

Q: Does the NY State Supreme Court have the right to order me to signe a visa document giving my permission when, without the court order, I would not give my permission?

A: Yes.

Q: Can I attach the court order to the visa application and note that I am only signing because I am ordered to do so by the court?

A: Ask the visa folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back