K Visa Immigration question that's a spinoff of a marriage question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zagatto

Background: I am currently married in Canada but have been working abroad for the past 5 months. During my stay here I have started a relationship with a Thai woman and she is currently pregnant. My wife has agreed to divorce and everything between her and I is proceding amicably.

What I would like to see happen: The pregnancy is in it's sixth week and I would like to see my child born in Canada. I don't believe my fiance would qualify for immigration based on merit even though she is a practicing doctor in Thailand because her certifications are not recognized in Canada. This raises a bunch of questions in my head.

1) Is it realistic to believe that divorce paperwork can be completed and immigration paperwork can be completed in the time it takes for a baby to gestate?

2) What would be the best course of action to take to accelerate the immigration process knowing that the divorce paperwork has not yet been started with my existing marriage?

My work contract ends in three weeks and I will be returning to Canada. I don't think I have ever been more confused or afraid of the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back