Ask a Legal Question

Thanks

recording conversation without permission

Recently I turned in my resignation. When I was giving my boss verbal notice my conversation with my boss was recorded without my permission. When I arrived home there was a message on my voice mail and it was the entire conversation that I had with my boss and a threatening message to me to watch my back. The boss claims that it was not him who recorded this message or left the message on my voice mail. I not only feel violated but, frightened by the verbal treat that was made to me. What should I do?

2. Super Moderator Honorable Scholar

Thanks
    Since you don't know who did what, then it looks like you can't do anything.
    Be not niggardly of what costs thee nothing, as courtesy, counsel, & countenance.

Ben Franklin

Super Moderator Samaritan & Scholar

Thanks
    BTW, in 38 states it is legal to record you without your knowledge as long as one party to the conversation DOES know and agrees to the recording.

Thanks
    What states do allow recording conversations with only one party's knowledge?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cbg View Post
    BTW, in 38 states it is legal to record you without your knowledge as long as one party to the conversation DOES know and agrees to the recording.
    do you, or anyone, happen to know what 38 states these are?

Super Moderator Samaritan & Scholar

Thanks