Car Dealer will not pay off my loan after trade. NEED HELP PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

69camaro

I hope I'm at the right place to get advice on what to do, if not I'm sorry for posting here. I live in Oklahoma and bought/traded trucks with a guy in Texas, he had a 80 chevy PU. on Ebay I was interested in. Instead of buying it outright I emailed him and asked if he would be interested in trading. ( This is a Licensed Dealer Susposily I will get back to that in awhile.) Anyway I had a 2002 Toyota Tundra that I stilled owed at the time $9000.00 but I had some equity in it.
He emails me back and says he is interested, so I send him pics of the Tundra. He wanted to know what I owed and what I wanted out of my truck, his was priced at $5900.00 (Nice Truck with doc.)
So I told him, He emails me back and tells me he will give me $11,200.00 and take $5600.00 for his Chevy. Ok with the equity I had in the Tundra that would make me owe him $3400.00, I agreed and said we have a deal. This was on a Friday, I was there 3 days later Monday morning, 350 miles away with a Cahiers check from my local bank and paid him. This was at a home NOT a Car Lot but everything seemed OK at the time because his (Wife a Notary) handled all the paperwork that Dealer's normally do, 2 bill of sales one for the Chevy and 1 for the Tundra, the one with the Tundra at the bottom states that PAYOFF will be in 45 days if not sooner hand written. ( Signed by me & wife and dealer and was notarized.) This was on March 23rd 2007 they have yet to pay it off and I'm really getting worried. The first payment they made was on the 23rd of April NOT the 14th when it was due. The second payment they did make on time May 14th but we had to call them and make sure they would make it that day so not to be late. Like I said everything seemed fine at the time with these people. They also provided us with a 30 day Dealer Tag with there (P#) on it to get home with. I have since had the Chevy taged and licensed in OKlahoma. I have dealth with Car Dealer's before and nothing seemed wrong at the time because of all the paperwork that was filled out and signed and Notorized.
He says he is going to pay it off within the next 30 days, NOT the orignal agreement of 45 we agreed too. Emails have ended because everytime I ask him about the Tundra getting paid off he seems too want to talk about all his cars, equiment, Etc. he has free and clear. His excuse is he is in the middle of changing banks and NOT to worry he will pay it off. His wife also told us not to worry about Insurance that there Dealer Insurance will cover the Tundra should something happen to it before payoff.
NOW this is where I'm really am concerned! We filled a Consumer Complaint for Dealer's form for TX, DMV and sent it to them. They received it on May 21st 2007. we sent it along with all the emails from this "Dealer" certified mail. My wife contacted them about 4 days ago to make sure they received everything they needed. The person she talked to asked again for the Dealer P# so she could check. When she looked it up she told my wife that his (Dealer's License was EXPIRED as of 3/06) a year ago! She said that was a Feloney and he should NOT be using Dealer Tags, NOT operating from his home and that we should hear something from a DMV Investigator in about 10 to 15 days. Also we have found out through research that a Notory is NOT suspose to notarize anything for personal to gain ($$$$) on there behalf. Now that I know he is not a CURRENT DEALER I am really concerned about this. Also if he has no license he may NOT have Insurance on it also. I canceled my Insurance on it and transfered it to the Chevy because I assumed it would be coverd by them since at the time I thought they were a LEAGAL DEALER and they told me it would. I'm also afraid they will not make the next payment on time 6/14. The Tundra is STILL in MY Wifes & I name...WE hold the original Title along with the mortage company....They just have a COPY and would be able to get a title once they pay off the Mortage Comp. they would then release all the paper work for them to be able to get a Title in TX. One more thing we signed and was NOTIRIZED was a Power of Attorney giving them the right to do this deal. Also my wife has found a website that show's the Power of Attorney Form for TX. It has a NOTE that states: This form must be properly completed before it is an acceptable document. The power of attorney CANNOT be granted to the selling or buying and/or employee of the dealership of the vehicle disclosed therein, unless the year model is ten (10) model years or older, the tonnage exceeds (2) tons, or the vehicle is not self-propelled.

The Tundra was 2002 model 1/2 ton truck!

So what do I do next??? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Do I need a Attorney? If so will I have to pay to or can the So-called Dealer be made to pay all cost. All I want really is to have the Tundra paid for like was agreed BUT I also don't want him too continue doing what he is doing and someone else end up in this kind of mess. PLEASE HELP!:)

Larry

P.S. I have ask him too send me current pics of the Tundra I think 3 times now to make sure it is still in the condition it was in when we left it, he never has. Also today we emailed him for the first time since about a week and asked them to fax us a Current Copy of his Dealer's Insurance.....( I DID NOT DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE HAD ON THEM) I don't think he will do that either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back