Getting Motorcycle Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazel051077

My ex-boyfriend (boyfriend at the time) in January asked me to cosign on a loan for motorcycle. I said under the assurance that he would be financially responsible for the payments, registration, and insurance. We went to the dealership they only did the loan in my name said it was a accident but if we try to put him on the account now it might come back declined I only agreed to this as long as my boyfriend would try to refinance the motorcycle in his own name and make sure that my credit doesn't get damaged. We signed a contract but it was typed by me and only me and him signed it. It was not witnessed or notorazized. He has not registered the bike at all and we are now broken up I feel like he hasn't upheld his side of the bargain and I wan the motorcycle returned to me so I can sell it and he is not riding around on it without registration. Cops were called to the house they told me that it was not a legal contract or binding but a verbal agreement I said I want the keys to the motorcycle he no longer has permission to drive it they said they could not make him give me the keys. I am wondering what are my other course of actions that I can take to get the motorcycle back since it is in my name only still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back