Can I sue the man who stole my wife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomsings

I've been married for 1 yr and 9 months. On April 1st I found out that my wife had become emotionally, and subsequently physically involved with another man. While I realize that my wife is ultimately responsible for her own actions, I hold this man partially responsible as he pursued my wife knowing that she was married. She has since moved out and we have yet to file for divorce. She is basically living with this man in a new apartment with my 6 yr. old stepson. The kicker is, this man makes a lot of money and that issue factored greatly into his ability to replace me in her life. My question is this. Are there grounds and/or precedents for the "cheated on" spouse to sue the party who cheated with their spouse? In other words, can I sue this man for actively pursuing and essentially taking my spouse from me when he knew she was married? I can't sue my wife over this, as she has no assets. Please advise me of my rights/options concerning this matter. Thank you for your consideration.

Suing for alienation of affection, is not feasible in most states. That pretty much has been abolished in most states, but you did not specify where you live. Your wife is also responsible for this mess, so the courts really do not allow you to hold this man 100% accountable for the breakup of your marriage.

If I were you, I would file for divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back