Student Loan, Lawer threatens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADK0123

In 2005 my boyfriend got a student loan through the truck driving school he was enrolling for. He passed the classes and soon recieved his class A CDL. He was paying on the loan immeadiately after recieving it. This past year has been a rough year for him and he aquired some credit card debt as well as overdrafting with his bank. It was overwelming for him and he decided to go with a credit consolidating company to minimize the interest that was building. He owed about four thousand with the loan and about two thousand with the other debts. He has been paying the credit counselors corp. however he was late on a payment. Recently he recieved a call from a lawer representing the company that he took the loan out through. They claimed he could pay the principle of $2,289 by the end of the month and it would clear his loan. She also said that if he did not pay the entire principle of the loan by May 31st she would have his CDL takin away and 65% of his wages garnashed. She called on a Thursday and expected him to answer her on that following Monday. With interest his loan in about $4,500. I don't trust that this is possible. Please give me some advice on what to do next. How can I find out if this is real? Is there any other way? The lawer suggested that he stop paying CCC (the credit counselor), she made it seem like they did not cover this loan because it was not something they could do and that with the other debts they are only paying about $10 each month.

Additional Info: The school he went to was in TN and he is in Indiana.

Was it a Federal Student Loan or a loan through the driving school?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back