Can he get half the proceeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delima

My husband was stationed in Md for 3 years and I live in NJ. Since he's been home now about a year it has been hell. He sleeps downstairs in the basement, every now and then comes up and sleeps in my bed. I tell him that he has no business in my bed, he has made the choice to enilealate himself from me whenever he feels like it. I want to file for divorce, but the catch is, I sold him my house in order to refinance, they added him to my deed and the loan is under his name. I have a letter from him with my and his signature stating that in the event of a divorce, since I bought the house 3 years before we married that the he wants nothing. Now he says differently. He says i'ts in his name and he wants half of whatever I make if I sell it. Please advise.

Doesn't make sense. When did he write "the letter" Doesn't really matter though because if you sold him the house, the house is his. Is your state a 50/50 state in divorce? Then if it is sold you get 50% of proceeds. Get a good divorce lawyer but sounds like you're screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back