Vehicle Insurance -- Ticket -- Arrest warrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

amberdawn82

My husband received a ticket for Failure to Comply. He could not find his proof of insurance when he was pulled over in the town we live in. Afer he left he found the copy of hte insurance verification he needed and he made a copy of it and took it to the court clerk. The clerks office was closed so he dropped it in the after hours box. It has been 3 years since that happened. He received in the mail today a notice that there will be a warrant out for his arrest if he doesn't pay the $210 ticket within 15 days. We thought he had this taken care of 3 years ago. The vehicle he was driving was a company vehicle and that compay no longer has the vehicle so, and he no longer has access to the verification. Is there a statute of limitation on something like that? and is there anything he can do to not have to pay the ticket?

Any information you can give me would be appreciated!

Q: We thought he had this taken care of 3 years ago.

A: Why did you think that? Did you get something that said it was taken care of?

Q: The vehicle he was driving was a company vehicle and that compay no longer has the vehicle so, and he no longer has access to the verification. Is there a statute of limitation on something like that?

A: The statute of limitation stopped running when the ticket was filed so that is irrelevant.

Q: and is there anything he can do to not have to pay the ticket?

A: Have him go to the insurance carrier and get proof he did have insurance at the time. Since he ignored the ticket, I don't know if that will completely get him off the hook but it may lessen the fine a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back