Criminal Records, Expungement Fingerprinting for a Day Care Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

kipperssister

Hello. I'm applying for a job in a day care facility. The application states that I need to submit to finger printing for this position. In the early 1980's I was arrested and charged with first time offender shoplifting and I was fingerprinted. I believe that the offense was called an infraction. Will this show up on my background check for this low paying day care job? I'm worried sick about this. Thank you for any advice you may offer.

As long as you tell the truth, you shouldn't be worried.

It's better that you tell them rather than they find out on a background check.

If you want to work around children, be expected to have to pass a background check.

Were you convicted of anything?

Have you tried looking up your record to see what is on there?

Most jobs nowadays are going to do some sort of backgroundcheck. Better to be honest and up front.

re: fingerprinting for daycare job

Thank you for your reply. I paid for two background checks on the internet and neither disclosed the offense. I'm wondering if it's because these internet background checks are mainly hopelessly flawed and inaccurate! I did want to mention that I worked for a daycare a few years ago and I signed the same type of forms and $40 was deducted from my paycheck for the background check. Apparently the agency must have hired me despite the offense ( or it is possible they were not provided details of the incident).

I was wondering; do daycare centers use the big guns national FBI background checks that are only accessible to law enforcement personnel, judges, and lawyers ?

Q: I was wondering; do daycare centers use the big guns national FBI background checks that are only accessible to law enforcement personnel, judges, and lawyers ?

A: Now how would I know what daycare centers in Florida do? I'm smart...but not THAT smart! :angel

One more question about my day care employment application.

Will you tell me what this question means? The application asks, " Are there any current criminal charges against you?". My only offense was twenty years ago and was settled by paying a fine after the court hearing. I believe I should answer "No" to this question. I feel so stupid with regards to most legalities. Kindly assist me with this question. Thank you.

They want to know if there are any criminal charges of any kind pending against you right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back