Ohio judge verbally granted the divorce but

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundra1972

My divorce process has been going on for 2 years now. To bring up to speed, I live in Ohio, she moved out of state. We were married for 7 years with no children, the home was in both of our names and mortgaged to the hill. The only asset I had was a past employer stock plan worth about $27 thousand dollars depending on the current home building market. Disbursment was only once a year and evaluation was only once a year. On November 8th, 2006 we had a judge verbally grant a divorce, the agreement was that I had to refinance the home in my name only, and she was to get my stock plan. Her lawyer wanted to write up a QDRO in order to get the stock plan, I thought it would be easier for me to get the funds and than give them to her. But her lawyer insisted on doing a QDRO. The reason being that after December 31st 2006 my old employer advised my ex's lawyer that they could not garauntee the amount of stocks because it could change depending on the home building market. Well her lawyer apparently wrote the QDRO wrong and my old employers legal department wanted the QDRO to be written up a certain way, so my ex wifes lawyer rewrote the QDRO and the Judge refused to sign the second QDRO. Now April 2007 I am going back to court. Why did the judge refuse to sign the second QDRO? Was their more to the story? I have since done everything I can do, I refinanced the home in my name. And my ex should get my stock money. What do you think will happen? The judge verbally granted the divorce and said to both of us that he didn't want to see us in court again. Was this part of her lawyers plan? Can they make me sell the home? Are her lawyers seeking more money? eventhough her lawyers dropped the ball. Can they renig on what we were verbally granted by the judge? Please help

Verbal judgments in lawsuits are worthless.

You need to ask the judge to reduce the judgment to writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back