Auto accident. Worth a lawyer???

Status
Not open for further replies.

casenoteswh

or should I try and handle it myself using the "BASE" formula?

Rear ended. Other party has accopted 100% liability, so thats not an issue. I was stopped at a stop sign. The car behind me didn't stop and hit me without braking. Aprox 25 mph. $6,500 in property damage. Will probably miss about two weeks of work. Under doctor care since day of accident. Head, neck, hand, and pelvis injuries. Soft tissue. Dr, therepy, etc will be about $2,000 by the time I"m done. $4,500 in lost wages.

Will the typical accident lawyer take this case, and if so, is it worth the cost for me? I've read the Baldya book, so I'm leaning toward handling it myself...

Thanks

Talk to a personal injury lawyer to see if your case is worth his while.

DEF. CALL A PI ATTORNEY. I would not recommend handling this yourself. Most PI attorneys offer a free initial consultation. I am sure your area has plenty of wonderful PI attorneys. If you would need any help I would be more then willing to point you in the right direction. Don't hesitate to contact me.

Pi

Most of the people contact a normal lawyer after any accident. However, a personal injury attorney specialized in accident injury claims and helps in getting justice and compensation from the company. A personal injury attorney handles accident cases involving vehicle accident and is aware of all medical tests that have to be carried out when grave injuries are suffered after an accident. A auto accident attorney knows all about legislation to prove the reason for the accident.

I would talk with a personal injury attorney. I would definitely not throw out a figure for a settlement. You could always wait for the other party to offer compensation but I would go ahead and get a PI lawyer now.

The auto accident lawyer will help when you are uncertain as to who is liable,how to handle your claim or even when you are unsure of negotiating your own settlement.
It is,however,imperative that you consult an auto accident lawyer when:
-The insurance company denies your claim.
-You are seriously injured with huge medical bills or have only residual disability.
-Your claim is valuable but proof of loss is intangible.
-Liability is in question.
-Complicated facts and circumstances surrounding your accident.
-The injured party has slapped you with a lawsuit.
Thanks.Regards to you.

DEF. CALL A PI ATTORNEY. I would not recommend handling this yourself. Most PI attorneys offer a free initial consultation. I am sure your area has plenty of wonderful PI attorneys. If you would need any help I would be more then willing to point you in the right direction. Don't hesitate to contact me.

i agree with you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back