Pending License Supsension for No Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

qdublco3

I yielded rather than stopped at a stop sign and was pulled over on 12-11-06. I was cited for no insurance. Although I thought I had insurance, it appears that in switching insurance carriers, I was not insured on the date of the citation. The local magistrate dismissed the charge, but the WV DMV sent me a certified letter yesterday stating that my license will be suspended as of 4-18-07 if I can 't produce verification of insurance.

I worked with both insurance companies and the DMV but ran right into a brick wall. No insurance, no leniency. I then tried to request a June date for the suspension because I teach and this would be easier on me and my two children both of whom are under the age of 14. I told them I am a single mother and have no one else to help me (this is true --and it is a small rural town with no form of public transportation), but they had no mercy. The DMV said they can move the suspension forward but not back.

I asked if I could request a hearing to look at the circumstances, and he said that if I have no verification of insurance on the date of 12-11-06 (and I don't), it will be automatically dismissed. Can I do anything or am I totally at their mercy because of my mistake?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back