Criminal Trials, Hearings Motion to Revoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evitagen

My Husband was charged in 2003 for Domestic Violence (violation of a restraining order that was later dropped by his ex.) and Possesion of Marijuana less than 2 oz. He was given probation. As he didn't complete those terms (moved to another city to get away from the ex), he has 2 outstanding Motion to revoke warrents with no bond. My question is, he has been clean and sober and out of trouble for 4 years, will this help him in his case if he turns himself in. We cannot afford a lawyer and i am scared that he will be put in jail for a long period of time. Is there such a thing of getting a longer probation or something like that instead of jail. He is current with his child support, has no traffic warrents and now is working odd jobs (no ID).
I am disabled and have a child with him who is 2 months old, I can't afford for him to go to jail.
Please help me, if you know of any avenues i can take. Also if there are any pro-bono lawyers in Brownsville, Texas that would take his case.
thanks in advance
stacey

He will be given a public defender. If he cannot afford an attorney then one will be appointed by him.

You had a baby with a guy with a criminal history, there is little you can do.

If he did not complete the terms of his probation then he is subject to arrest and prosecution.

The rest of your post is irrelevent. He should not have any traffic warrants since he shouldnt be driving since he has no ID.

The authorities lack enthusiasm for working with people who violate probation rules.

It's obvious the person won't follow rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back