Ask a Legal Question

Thanks

Questions on Form 7.343 (Fact Info Sheet)

I have a recent judgement against me for $8,000. Why do i have to disclose info on my wifes income and can they take her income into consideration when collecting from me? And once they have all this how much of my left over income can they make me pay or garnish?

2. Super Moderator Honorable Scholar

Thanks
    I have a recent judgement against me for $8,000.

Who was the plaintiff? Who was the defendant? What state?

Why do i have to disclose info on my wifes income and can they take her income into consideration when collecting from me?

What are you talking about?

And once they have all this how much of my left over income can they make me pay or garnish?

Yes, you can be made to pay your bills.

Thanks

Form 7.343

Florida, Fifth Judicial Circuit, County Civil.

Husband is object of judgement. Can he be compelled to provide wife's personal financial information, SS#, etc.. without her consent if she is not a party to the judgement or claim?

What about?
    741.23 Husband not liable for wife’s torts.—The common-law rule whereby a husband is liable for the torts of his wife is hereby abrogated. History.—s. 1, ch. 26829, 1951. (would this also apply to wife?)

OR

90.504 Husband-wife privilege.—(1) A spouse has a privilege during and after the marital relationship to refuse to disclose, and to prevent another from disclosing, communications which were intended to be made in confidence between the spouses while they were husband and wife.

Can the husband be held in contempt for being unable to compel his wifer to provide her personal information?

Quote Originally Posted by seniorjudge View Post
    I have a recent judgement against me for $8,000.

Who was the plaintiff? Who was the defendant? What state?

Why do i have to disclose info on my wifes income and can they take her income into consideration when collecting from me?

What are you talking about?

And once they have all this how much of my left over income can they make me pay or garnish?

Yes, you can be made to pay your bills.

Super Moderator Samaritan & Scholar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 1,558 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brm123 View Post
    Florida, Fifth Judicial Circuit, County Civil.

Husband is object of judgement. Can he be compelled to provide wife's personal financial information, SS#, etc.. without her consent if she is not a party to the judgement or claim?
    If the wife is NOT a party to the lawsuit, NO!!!

What about?
    741.23 Husband not liable for wife’s torts.—The common-law rule whereby a husband is liable for the torts of his wife is hereby abrogated. History.—s. 1, ch. 26829, 1951. (would this also apply to wife?)
    If the wife is NOT a party to the lawsuit, none of that matters.
    A spouse bears no vicarious liability for the debts or legal encumbrances of her spouse!

90.504 Husband-wife privilege.—(1) A spouse has a privilege during and after the marital relationship to refuse to disclose, and to prevent another from disclosing, communications which were intended to be made in confidence between the spouses while they were husband and wife.

Can the husband be held in contempt for being unable to compel his wife to provide her personal information?
    If the wife is NOT a party to the lawsuit, therefore her assets and information isn't relevant to the husband's lawsuits.
    Last edited by army judge; 12-15-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks
    Can I refuse to complete Florida Small Claims Form 7.343? What would be the consequence?

Super Moderator Samaritan & Scholar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 1,558 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TroubledSoul View Post
    Can I refuse to complete Florida Small Claims Form 7.343? What would be the consequence?
    You probably cause trouble for yourself, big trouble.