divorced but still not complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpolasek

Hi Everyone,

This may be a bit confusing but I will try my best to make it as clear as possible. My ex and I divorced in 2005. Our divorce is final however, he still owes me money from the divorce. I had signed a paper to take my name off of the deed of the house and my lawyer (who is no longer a lawyer) sent the paperwork to my ex's lawyer to hang onto until my ex paid me the money owed to me from the unused equity from our house we had together. My ex has sold the house because he could not pay me what he owed any other way. It was stated in the divorce papers that the ex's lawyer could not release the paperwork for the deed which removes my name until the ex gave me or my lawyer the money owed to me. What I would like to do because the ex has cooperated is to have the paper released to him which takes my name off of the deed so I can get my money. He can't get the money from the sale of the house until he has the paperwork from his lawyer. Can I have an affidavit typed up stating that the paperwork releasing my name from the deed may be given to my ex and upon the transaction of sale of the home he acknowledges that he owes me XXX amount of dollars which will be given to me in a bank draft at the final closing of the sale? He did not go through a real estate agent this is a cash sale. Any advice will be very helpful. Thank you!!

MPolasek

You need to have the title insurance company who is insuring the sale of the house tell you exactly what you need to do to make sure the buyer gets good title to the real estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back