harassment/threats/stalking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimC

I was married in 70's. I believe wife had affair while I was in boot camp and then she was pregnant and left. the child was adopted, after adulthood he took my name. He is now 28. I received a letter today that he is going to meet me and my side of the family with or without me. Said he went to my parents and my dad told him to leave and ran him off with a pipe and that if he(the boy's) family would not have been there, he would have beat my father's "old a..". closed the letter by askin "do I ever wonder if when I come out of work, whether he is sitting there watching me or not?"

The guy is 28 now, and I told him 5 or 6 years ago via phone when he kept calling my work to leave me alone.

First neither I nor my family wants anything to do with him, want him to stay away and leave us alone. I have a 9 year old daughter I don't want him near, especially in light of his threats concering my father and stalking. And a couple things in the letter, as noted sound like communicating threats and stalking. What are our options? Do I need an atty? Is there such a thing as a permanent/lifetime restraining order? If I need an atty, what type of atty? Whether is is mine or not, don't care at this point nor want to have him over. I am retired on disability. As far as I am concerned, he is not mine, as the affair happened while I was in boot camp for 3 months....so 99 percent sure not mine anyway. He is 28 now. thanks. btw I live in NC..thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back